Battlepanda: It's always so hard to tell with pandas isn't it?

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

It's always so hard to tell with pandas isn't it?

According to the OK Cupid Bem Sex Role Inventory test, I am "androgynous", meaning " You scored high on both masculinity and femininity. You have a strong personality exhibiting characteristics of both traditional sex roles." (69% on masculinity, 59% on femininity)

Via the Republic of T, who is apparently feminine.

Thoughts:

1) This test is not really any good at predicting the gender of the testtaker anymore.
2) Is this because cultural mores have changed since 1971, when this test was first devised?
3) ...or was it always a bit of a crock?
4) I can feel myself having to differentiate between my blog personality, the way I act around my friends and the way I act around my family when I am answering questions like "are you an assertive person" or "are you unpredictable?" Basically, I think I am at my 'nicest' and most stereotypically feminine when I know you in real life, but not very well. It's all downhill from "Hi, I'm Angelica".