Battlepanda: Kruelty to Kittens

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Kruelty to Kittens

Omigod!

So simultaneously cute and appalling. Reminds me of this trick that you're supposedly able to inflict on poor, unsuspecting cats -- take a strip of masking tape and apply to cat along the spine. Since the cat uses its back hairs as a kind of sensor to gauge its environment, it will be under the mispprehension that it is stuck under something pressing down on its back. Supposedly, the luckless kitty will skootch along, trying to get down lower and lower to get out from under the "obstruction" and failing miserably, until the tape is removed.

I don't want anyone to do this to their cats, but I am curious to know if it actually works. (Doesn't work on Schnauzers. Don't ask me how I know.)

(HT Jed)

UPDATE: Puddy-tat video is a fake! I'm relieved, yet disappointed.