Battlepanda: Just a below-average battlepanda

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Just a below-average battlepanda

The good news is, I scored much higher than Matt Yglesias in the EQ test found here, (23 versus 14). The bad news is, that still puts me in the lowest bracket. "Most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20. Most women score about 47 and most men about 42." Ouch.

It doesn't get any better -- I scored even lower in the "systemizing quotient" portion of the test (22), though that score is much more in line with the average of 24 for women and 30 for men. So it's not like I'm making up for my lack of social skills with the consolation prize of systematic thinking.

I'm not going to make the joke about how the test is designed by one Simon Baron-Cohen, yes, the cousin of Ali G, and therefore should perhaps be taken with a grain of salt, because I'm sure he gets that a lot and is quite tired of it. Ha! I have thus demonstrated my capacity for empathy and proven his test to be crap.