Battlepanda: MacService lets me down

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

MacService lets me down

Remember how impressed I was with MacService with how friendly and quick and responsive they are? I just got my laptop back this morning, thus making me more impressed with their amazing turnaround time...until I plugged that sucker in.

My laptop is still not charging. The $195 worth of repair has had no effect.

I got them on the phone. The service personnel was curteous and helpful as always. He walked me through a whole bunch of reboot procedures to try and see if it's something minor. Nope. The computer's going back to California.

The curteousness, the free-shipping, the quick turn-around...all that goes a long way towards ameliorating my rage. Having said that, my fundamental response is still WTF! You did $195 worth of repairs on my computer without checking at the end of it whether the problem is fixed? Now you asked me whether it could be my power adapter that's faulty...after you went ahead and replaced the logic board? Did I not have the nice conversation with the young woman at your call center who helpfully suggested that I include my power adaptor for the purposes of double-checking against just such an eventuality?

No doubt about it...somebody messed up along the way. But they still have the chance to redeem themselves. Let's see if they can really get my computer fixed this time.

By the way, this is the first time I've had a problem with my little iBook G4 in the two years since I've had it. It is my baby. My most treasured possession. And if it weren't for the fact that I foolishly allowed it to slip off my lap and landing power-connector first, it'd still be working just fine. Wahhhhh!