Battlepanda: Four plus one

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Four plus one

I've been tagged by the meme that has been spreading like a wildfire throughout the land -- Five things you didn't know about me. Except I've been infected with the interesting sub-variant where one of the five things is a big fat lie and you, dear reader, have to guess which.

Answers will be revealed next Sunday.

1) I used to take my miniature schnauzer, Dodo, to class with me during my college days. Most professors were pretty tolerant about it since their lectures usually put her to sleep within minutes.

2) I was obsessed with the idea of becoming a self-sufficient homesteader during my early teen years. I read as many books on the subject as I could while turning our family's back yard into an experimental plot where I grew herbs, tomatoes, and other assorted veggies. I composted and unsuccessfully tried to start a worm farm.

3) My absent-mindedness is legendary. On holiday once in Italy, I jumped off a boat with all my clothes on because I forgot I have not yet changed into my swimsuit.

4) In my spare time, I like to write Country & Western songs with titles such as "Another West Texas Town" and "It Ain't Right."

5) I am partially of Jewish ancestry. My maternal grandmother's family hailed from a small community of Jews migrated and persisted for centuries in Kaifeng, China. She did not self-identify as a Jew by any means, but she never ate pork and is proud of the fact that she was spared from footbinding due to her family's different traditions.

Well, have at it guys. People who know me in real life can't play since it won't be fair. In return, I tag Gene, Brock, Lawrence and...erm, I guess I too am a leaf node of the blogisphere.