Battlepanda: Philosophy joke

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Philosophy joke

An analytic philosopher and a continental philosopher walk into a bar. The bartender asks, “wadda ya havin?” The continental philosopher replies, “I will require an authentic, discursively enjoined, post-structuralist, disimmediated thing-in-itself.”

The bartender shakes his head and says, “I don’t get what you want.” The continental philosopher turns his nose up in the air and storms out of the bar. The bartender looks apologetically to the analytic philosopher and says, “I really couldn’t understand him.”

“Oh, I know!” replies the analytic philosopher. “As for me, I’ll have the same, without the adjectives.”

(Via Atoms Arranged Meaningwise.)

Labels: ,