Battlepanda: After all that Jazz about the revolution, it's still the girls against the boys.

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Friday, April 15, 2005

After all that Jazz about the revolution, it's still the girls against the boys.

Even setting aside the fact that he is referring to an article from shopzilla.com, I wonder why Tyler Cowan thinks it's so significant that:
In the study, women said they had a deeper emotional connection with their pets than men did. Nearly all women respondents (99%) reported that they frequently talked to their pets (vs. 95% of men) and an astonishing 93% of women think that their pets communicate with them (vs. 87% of men).
He even titled his post "Pets vs. Men -- pets win" when the story seems to me much more about how both men and women feels an astonishing amount of attachment to their pet animals. I mean, 99% vs 95% might not even be statistically significant, depending on the sample size. Sheesh.

(Yes, yes, I know. It's a frivolous example. But I am really tired of every single study being looked at from the sex difference angle. Or maybe I'm just overly defensive about being absurdly attached to my miniature schnauzer. )