Battlepanda: Edwards says it right.

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Edwards says it right.

(Via Yglesias)

Guess who's guest-blogging on Talking Points Memo? John Edwards.

Like a lot of Democrats, I voted for a bankruptcy
reform bill before. I can't say it more simply than
this: I was wrong.

The bill is supposed to crack down on irresponsible
borrowers. That's the right thing to do. The problem
is that this bill imposes big burdens on families who
did everything right but went broke just because they
lost a job or lost their health insurance. And, even
more than the legislation I supported, this bill
doesn't crack down on the real abusers.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This guy has got class and a genuine connection with people. Not just a pretty face.