Battlepanda: Moving blues

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Moving blues

Despite the fact that it really hasn't been that long since I set up house, I have somehow wound up with a whole apartment full o' crap. It's a good thing I'm moving to North Carolina now, because if I had gone on accumulating junk at this rate an interstate move would soon become a complete logistical impossibility. I tag-saled. I eBayed. I made countless trips to the salvation army. And still I have box after box of ill-organized belongings I don't really want to take with me but can't stand to throw away.

I have gotten good at junking stuff that is genuinely useless like unflattering clothes or a terrible pop CD I picked up in Taiwan on a whim. The stuff that confounds me is the perfectly useful stuff that nevertheless does not make sense to schlep all the way down to North Carolina. A big box of envelopes. A folding chair. A copy of War and Peace bookmarked a third of a way through and sitting unopened and reproachful on my bureau...