Battlepanda: Drunk blogging

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Drunk blogging

Well, not really. I just had a few gin and tonics and played the most pathetic game of pool in my life. I'm afraid blogging beyond throwing a few links together is out of the question, but luckily there are quite a few interesting things that caught my attention...

First of all, we have the ultimate in catblogging. Everything from cute pictures of what the proto-cats might have looked like to how the modern cat evolved. Plus, it drew my attention to this poem, from everybody's favorite Star Trek: TNG character, lieutenant Data
Felus Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature.
An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature.
Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses
Contribute to your hunting skills and natural defenses.

I find myself intrigued by your sub vocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications.
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.

A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents.
You would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.
And when not being utilized to aid in locomotion,
It often serves to illustrate the state of your emotions.

Oh Spot, the complex levels of behavior you display
Connote a fairly well developed cognitive array.
And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,
I none the less consider you a true and valued friend.

Ode to Spot by Lt. Commander Data

By the way, schnauzerblogging is only on haitus. I'll start it up again when I'm back in the States. Yes, I'm a big fan of Star Trek: TNG. But it's a fact I seldom admit to when fully sober.

In other news, I'd like to thank In Search of Telford for keep banging the biofuel drum. Perhaps the blogger best known for picking fights with bigger blogs than his, I have to say the reason I keep going back is his dedication to looking into petroleum alternatives and other peak oil issues.

And even though I don't really understand exactly how the Ethical Werewolf's proposal would be any different than things the way they are now, yay for giving people the metaphysical comforts they want while not changing anything.