Battlepanda: Paid to booze

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Paid to booze

My boyfriend is getting paid to drink alcohol and play video games. Cool, huh?

Well, not really. The alcohol is varying amounts of Everclear distributed among three cups of tonic water, the "video games" are computer tasks designed to test how the alcohol is affecting him, and he has to get a needle jab every day so they can do blood tests. Oh well. Anything for science (and $70 a day).

I signed up to be a subject in the same study, but was rejected because I did not drink enough alcohol (I told them I took 6-8 drinks a week!) to qualify. The good thing is Gene's mom is putting me to work wallpapering instead, so I don't feel like quite as much as a bum around the house.