Battlepanda: Back to school?

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Back to school?

Sort of...

It seems that the London School of Economics offer a distance learning program. £2,500 for the BSc degree, over the period of three years. I will be examined to the same standard as internal LSE students, but of course with none of the academic support apart from texts and packets to study from. Doing this program will be a good thing...

IF I have the discipline to sit down with my books on my own to study.
IF I have the aptitude to teach myself the concepts I'm being asked to master with minimal tutoring.
IF there is a future for me at all when (if) I emerge with my bachelor's degree in Economics aged 29. (Twenty-nine! That's almost thirty! Ack!)

But hell, what do I have to lose? I don't want to go into what I'm doing at the moment, but let's just say that it is not a job I want to devote the rest of my life to. In addition, I have plenty of spare time. A luxury I might no longer have in a few years, if I choose to have children.

(Children? Double Ack! Excuse me while I go freak out for a bit.)