Battlepanda: 'Tis the season for shameless commerce

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Monday, November 21, 2005

'Tis the season for shameless commerce

O.K., O.K. I know the Christmas season doesn't technically start until after Thanksgiving. But I know I'm thinking present-ey thoughts, and I bet you are too. I've recently joined the Amazon affiliates program, so when you click on one of the Amazonlinks of my site and end up buying something, you'll end up supporting this site at no cost to yourself (apart from the cost of the item, of course.) Think about it.

Need some suggestions? Fine. How about...

-- In the wake of the Gene Sperling Pro-growth Progressive dust-up, isn't it time to revisit some classic works on globalization? How about Joseph Stieglitz's awesome Globalization and its discontents or In Defence of Globalization by Jagdish N. Bhagwati?

-- Want a more gift-ey recommendation? If there is still anyone in your life who yearns for a digital camera, I cannot recommend the Canon Powershot SD400highly enough. I have had this camera for a while now, and it is my baby. It's compact as can be without being oddly shaped, it's easy to use and takes great pictures with no effort. I would also like to praise Canon's aftersale service. I cracked the LCD screen soon after I bought my Powershot. It was totally my fault, but (after writing them a really, really contrite letter), they fixed it for me free of charge! Which reminds me. Protect your Powershot with a nice leather case.

In addition to the standard Amazon stuff, I am also bringing my own modest wares to the marts of commerce for this holiday season. I give you the 2006 Dodo-the-Schnauzer calendar -- twelve months of cuteness for $18.50. And if I may say so, the pictures are superior to the "Just Schnauzer" calendars in the mall, because I start with the world's cutest schnauzer and they don't. Perfect for the dog-lover in your life.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
How can you say no to this face?

Support independent publishing: buy this calendar on Lulu.