Battlepanda: All in the wrist -- a bleg

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

All in the wrist -- a bleg

Lately, my life has revolved around activities that requires intensive use of my right wrist in one way or another (painting a house, typing/surfing internet, playing guitar...) For the past few days now I've started noticing tingling sensations from within the wrist, building to a more uncomfortable feeling of inflammation today. No actual pain, but disconcerting. Is this tendonitis?

I know the wisdom of asking one's blogging audience for a diagnosis is probably questionable in general. But as I'm sure there are more than a few avid typists among youse, I thought I'd give it a try. Have any of you suffered from tendonitis, and how did you recover from it? Right now I'm trying to type as little as possible (with my wrists correctly elevated) and I've wrapped an ace bandage around my wrist to provide a little bit of support and to remind me to keep off it.

In non-wrist news, was Barbara Boxer kicking butt on Hardball tonight or what? Can't wait until transcript comes out.