Battlepanda: Greetings from Chicago

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Greetings from Chicago

They say this is the Windy City, but I didn't know that it is rainy too.

It was good to see old friends, and eat lots of yummy food. I was not going to blog, but I got up earlier than everybody else for once, and just thought I'd check in. Today we will be going ice skating (weather permitting), to the zoo and the winter flower show and perhaps Michigan avenue for this chocolate store that sells chocolates with weird flavors (chili, smoked almond and seasalt) that my friends rave about.

And tonight, there will be vegetarian chilli, canadian ice-wine in lieu of champagne and games of Trivial Pursuit played well into the early hours of 2006 I'm sure.