Battlepanda: A bullet dodged

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A bullet dodged

This could have been my life.

Well, I wasn't quite insane enough to try the small coffeeshop thing. But I was seriously thinking about starting a small Asian-styled cafe/takeaway restaurant in Amherst with my boyfriend. In retrospect it was a project with disaster written all over it.

Someday, I would like to start my own business. The thought of it gets me excited in a way that contemplating other jobs does not. But I have just about ruled out the food industry, especially in a restaurant/cafe format. In part, this is due to watching this show. Every week they track a different small business trying to make it despite the relative inexperience of its owners. It's always the restauranteurs who work the hardest, crash and burn the fastest and end up with the most acrimony among partners.