Battlepanda: George makes a booboo

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Monday, March 20, 2006

George makes a booboo

Uh oh! Dick's not going to be happy about this...
THE PRESIDENT: That's a great question. (Applause.) First, just if I might correct a misperception. I don't think we ever said -- at least I know I didn't say that there was a direct connection between September the 11th and Saddam Hussein. We did say that he was a state sponsor of terror -- by the way, not declared a state sponsor of terror by me, but declared by other administrations. We also did say that Zarqawi, the man who is now wreaking havoc and killing innocent life, was in Iraq. And so the state sponsor of terror was a declaration by a previous administration. But I don't want to be argumentative, but I was very careful never to say that Saddam Hussein ordered the attacks on America.
GEORGE: I don't understand, Dick, what did I say wrong?

DICK: Haven't I always told you to be careful about Saddam and 9/11? Always imply, suggest, juxapose, then move on for goodness' sake.

GEORGE: But I didn't make a direct connection, Dick. [Proudly] I said the opposite.

DICK: But the point is not to let people know that you're implying a connection while being careful never to make it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

GEORGE: Oh? Oh...[pause] I did a bad thing...

[beat]

George: But why was it bad, Dick?

DICK: Go fuck yourself.