Battlepanda: Photobucket and flickr and picasa, oh my

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Photobucket and flickr and picasa, oh my

Something has gotta be done about my collection of images, growing gradually out of control. Right now I use iPhoto to sort photos and keep everything on my computer and upload stuff to photobucket if I want to post to my blog, but I am starting to get dissatisfied.

More specifically, I'm tempted by the cool social-sharing aspects and easy viewing and caption options of flickr. The downside is, I would have to pay. Not a lot, though, and I'm starting to near the limit for my free account on photobucket anyhow. Maybe it's time for a move.

Then I read about Picasa -- google's picture-sorting software. It will greatly facilitate blogging and sharing, from what I understand. But the downside is that your pictures are not online. More manual backing-up and no online album funness -- you gotta email each person with the photos you want them to see.

Decisions...