Battlepanda: In which I actually agree with Michelle Malkin...

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

In which I actually agree with Michelle Malkin...

My favorite libertarian, Radley Balko, links to a Michelle Malkin column from December 2000. To my great surprise, I found myself agreeing with it 100%. The conclusion:
Black and white, young and old, famous and nameless – Americans from all walks of life can identify with the broken soul of Robert Downey Jr. His addiction is his own prison. His public humiliation is its own life sentence. The war on drugs is an expensive quagmire that needlessly punishes people who’ve already punished themselves beyond repair.
As Balko puts it, this is from before the point where Malkin "discovered that there's more money and fame as a crazy-ass authoritarian wingnut as than as the interesting, almost-libertarian she was several years ago."