Battlepanda: Preznit: When's Jonny Mac gonna give me Fried Turkee?

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Preznit: When's Jonny Mac gonna give me Fried Turkee?

The jelling of the McCain-Bush relationship has included a series of gestures,
some odd, on both sides. When McCain visited Bush at his ranch in Texas during
the 2004 presidential campaign, he suggested to the president that he try
cooking turkey with a turkey fryer, promising to rustle one up for him. McCain
apparently forgot the promise until White House aides started calling McCain's
office, saying the president was still waiting for his turkey fryer.

Dear Mr. President,
I don't know if Sen. McCain followed through on his promise of a turkey frier for you yet. If not, I wouldn't fret over it. To tell you the truth, I've had fried turkey, and it's not all that. Sure, the skin is crispy. But it is also tough, and the flesh rather dry and bland. I understand that you have a fascination with large hunks of protein. And I must admit the idea of deep-frying anything in a ten-gallon drum holds an intrinsic appeal. But if a moist, flavorful bird is what you're after, there are no shortcuts: You must brine, roast and baste, the traditional way. And if I haven't convinced you yet, consider this: You can't stuff a fried turkey!

Yours carnivorously,

Battlepanda