Battlepanda: Guess what my New New Year's Resolution is?

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Guess what my New New Year's Resolution is?


Firstly, it's a bad picture OK? Bad camera angle, bad horizontal stripes, bad, bad, bad flattening flash. Still, a bit of a wakeup call. I've been slowly gaining weight ever since I arrived in Taiwan, and the gain only accelerated after I became a reporter.

I do think that I'm "healthy fat" for the most part. I walk all over the city. I bike from press conference to press conference. All that exercise is no match for the enormous amount of food I eat (food is yummy in Taiwan.) I can certainly stand to lose a few pounds in 2007!

As for my 2006 resolution, that was to read 52 books in 52 weeks and blog them all. I'm much more behind on the blogging part than the reading part. I blogged about 30 books and read more than forty. I think I would have made it if I were in the States, where it's much easier and cheaper to get hold of a greater choice of books in English. Still, I thought it was a positive experiment and I hope to do more bookblogging in the future.