Battlepanda: Thank you...thank you...

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thank you...thank you...

Well, it looks like the Battlepanda blog is going to be bringing up the rear in the Koufax awards despite the much appreciated Marcotte seal o' approval. However, it seems that without even realizing it, we've managed to snag ourselves an Ezra -- the Klein award for Best New Blog.

Without further ado, let's cut straight to my acceptance speech...

"Thank you, thank you all. Frist, I'd like to thank Ezra for bestowing this great honor and much traffic upon my site, of course, but there are so many others who I must thank for making me the blogger I am today.

I have to say a big "thank you" to my chronic insomnia and frequent lack of gainful employment. Without you, I would not be up at three in the morning furiously carrying on flame wars about the appropriate level of the capital gains tax. Also, thank you caffein, for my sleep-deprived ass alert during the day so that I can peck at the keyboards some more.

Of course, all this would be for nothing if I did not have my famously short attention span, making hopping compulsively from blog to blog and subject to subject a pleasure. And I would be remiss in not acknowledging the role of my lack of a social life in shaping my decision to take up such a solitary hobby.

Lastly I would like to thank the Bush administration. Their spectacular wrongheaded invasion of Iraq was what made a previously apathetic student sit up and pay attention to politics in the first place. And their continual attempts to drive the country deeper into rack and ruin provides fodder for this blog almost every day.

Thank you! Thank-you-thank-you-thank-you-thank-you all!"

[cue cane pulling Angelica off stage left]