Battlepanda: Limbaugh refers to Murtha as an idiot

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Limbaugh refers to Murtha as an idiot

I should know better than to go to Media Matters. It just does bad things for my blood pressure. Today was even more outrageous than usual though. Talk radio host Rush Limbaugh got off on a screed about John Murtha, most of which didn't especially offend me and would be easy to brush off as simply wrong-headed. It was when it got to be about personalities that really got my hackles up. Limbaugh, who dodged the Vietnam draft with a little help from a cyst up his considerable ass, referred to Congressman Murtha (Korea and Vietnam veteran, Bronze Star, 2 Purple Hearts, Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry, Navy Distinguished Service Medal) as " the useful idiot of the moment", and said he's " just getting his fifteen minutes of fame like Cindy Sheehan got". Grieving mothers and distinguished veterans beware: Rush has got your number!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go throw up for a while.