Battlepanda: My country, right or left

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Monday, January 16, 2006

My country, right or left

This interesting article on Reason reminded me of the discussion we had on this thread (or used to have until haloscan ate the comments...grr) about the political affiliation of Merle Haggard. Looks like I might have to put "Red necks and Blue necks" on my reading list despite the awful title.

For what it's worth, I'm a very blue country music listener who happens to prefer the music of more "red", traditional country rather than "blue" alt-country. Though as you would know if you read the article, it's really not that cut and dried. And I certainly don't like Toby Keith. Yuck!

Update: Link to article properly restored. Thanks, Julian.