Battlepanda: Hackett's out

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hackett's out

(Via Dadahead)

I know quite a few progressive blogger's hearts would be broker over this, but after reading the quotes Dadahead pulled over the circumstances and manner of Hackett's departure, I can't help but feel it's all for the best, really.

However, I still have a lot of respect for Hackett. I think he's a good guy, just not the right guy for this particular race at this particular time. He said his decision not to run for Congress instead of the Senate (which I initially attributed to pique) was due to having already made prior promises to candidates in that field not to run, and I see no reason to doubt his word. I hope that Hackett can stay active and keep his eye on the ball in the long run instead of dropping out of politics all together. It would be a shame for our side to lose him.