Battlepanda: Monday book blogging: ...

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Monday book blogging: ...

I'm still plowing through the Head First HTML book. I had planned to be done by now, but my computer had other ideas -- the power uptake has been twitchy for a while since it slipped from my lap and landed on the cord connector, and sometimes early last week it gave out altogether -- the battery just won't charge. After some googling, I gave the MacService people a call, and the lady who answered was so prompt and friendly and knowledgable that I gave them the business on the spot. Here's to hoping I made the right call. I won't know until I get my little laptop back...sniff.

As evidenced by the fact that I am still copiously blogging, this is only a partial excuse...my Dad in Law is very graciously letting me use his computer while mine is in the shop.

While I'm soldiering on with that, I'm going to go ahead and pick this week's reading material -- Confederates in the Attic, by Tony Horwitz.