Battlepanda: Best Dressed? Yeah, right.

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Best Dressed? Yeah, right.

BP guessed in the comments to my four and one meme post that there seemed to be a contradiction between (2) and (5). How could I have been voted "Best Dressed" in my Senior High School Yearbook if I was also into break dancing in high school? Who ever heard of a well-dressed break dancer?

Well, (2) was the lie. I certainly was not voted "Best Dressed." On the contrary, if there had been a "Worst Dressed" category, I would have won it. I committed every fashion sin of the 80's:
  • Parachute pants
  • Tiger-striped bandannas
  • Mirrored sunglasses
  • A Michael Jackson "Beat It" jacket
  • Sleeveless t-shirts with my name on the back
(I'm particularly embarrassed about the last item on that list.)

If I had been a celebrity, I would have been featured regularly on Go Fug Yourself.

The only thing that kept me from dressing even worse was my limited budget. I borrowed my more expensive tacky clothes, such as the "Beat It" jacket and the parachute pants, from my best friend Doug.

I was actually voted "Most Intellectual" in my Senior High School Yearbook.