Battlepanda: A jerk too many times

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A jerk too many times

When I first started reading blogs, the Daily Kos was a frequent stop. After the election, however, I hardly checked in as the intense horse-trading stuff that Kos does best just didn't interest me anymore. He still hung around on my blogroll though. That is, until now.

Goodbye, Kos. I kind of knew you were a jerk when you said "Fuck them" in response to the American contractors' killed, mutilated and hung from a bridge in Fallujah. I gave you the benefit of the doubt because they were, in effect, mercenaries, and they knew what they were getting into in return for their fat paychecks. But is it ever acceptable to speak so ill of the dead when they died so recently and horribly? Then came, much more recently, the pie incident. I actually think that the ad on your site is your own business, but your discurteous reply, so dismissive of women's issues, pissed me off. Then you gave abortion the same treatment as you did to a couple of women smearing pies on each other's chests.

And now this comes to my attention.

Goodbye, Kos. Go build your empire of pixels. Go lord over your digital domain. Get drunker, if you like, from the petty power it gives you. I'm officially getting off right here.