Battlepanda: In which Northerners debate the finer points of southern terminology

Battlepanda

Always trying to figure things out with the minimum of bullshit and the maximum of belligerence.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

In which Northerners debate the finer points of southern terminology

ANGELICA: I wonder if I've lived in the South for long enough to start using the word "varmint."

GENE: [absorbed in 3D animation program] Uh huh.

ANGELICA: I don't think I'm entirely clear on which animals can be described as a varmint, though. Is there an high-upper limit for size?

GENE: Hmm...no. I think it has to be a specific type of animal.

ANGELICA: So a cow cannot be described as a varmint.

GENE: No. Way too respectable.

ANGELICA: Is Dodo a varmint?

GENE: No, I would say that she is more of a 'critter'.